It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: 9990HD+Bluetooth+Pandora+Android = Frustration
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:58 pm 

I am having intermittent problems with Pandora on the 9990HD connecting using Bluetooth with my Samsung Captivate (android). It seems like when I get in the car for the first time in the day Pandora will connect right up without a problem. After stopping somewhere, when I get back in and turn the car back on, nearly every time when Pandora tries to reconnect via Bluetooth, it says, "connecting" for about 2 minutes on the Pandora screen then it says, "disconnected" and then it will cycle between saying, "connecting" and "disconnected" about every 25 seconds.

Most often when this happens, there is no audio coming through either the phone or the stereo. But sometimes, when the radio is saying, "connecting" music will play on the phone by itself. Then it starts playing for about 3 seconds through the stereo and then the stereo says, "disconnected" and everything goes quiet. It will cycle like this, playing on the phone, then thru the stereo and back for several minutes or until I switch the unit to another output like HD Radio.

I know this sounds strange, I'd be happy to provide any clarifications if people have questions.

Has anyone else had issues with Pandora connecting using Bluetooth? I should mention that when this is happening with Pandora, the Bluetooth connection works fine as I can make and receive phone calls and my phone book loads fine into the unit via Bluetooth.

I have not tried to call tech support or anyone else yet. I just thought I'd bounce this off of the group.

Thanks.
Mike

Post subject: Re: 9990HD+Bluetooth+Pandora+Android = Frustration
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:42 am 

Alrighty...

Is anyone having any kind of problems connecting with Pandora via Bluetooth using an Android phone?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:30 am 

BadMedic wrote:
Alrighty...

Is anyone having any kind of problems connecting with Pandora via Bluetooth using an Android phone?

My Galaxy Nexus would always show as disconnected in Pandora and aha (bluetooth phone calls still worked) until I upgraded firmware from 1.2 to 1.4. After that it worked fine...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:13 pm 

I just upgraded the firmware to 1.4 - now Pandora won't connect at all. I am going to have to contact customer service I guess.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:58 pm 

Glad it's just not me. I've got an HTC One X and just got a 9990. Pandora won't connect at all.

I've got 1.4 on the HU.

I've also noticed that my phonebook doesn't sync correctly. Anyone else have this issue? I ended up with a bunch of phone numbers with no name even though I have a name with that number in my phone. It's completely random too. Can't figure out why it did that.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:40 pm 
Site Moderator

BadMedic wrote:
I just upgraded the firmware to 1.4 - now Pandora won't connect at all. I am going to have to contact customer service I guess.

Delete and re-pair the phone.

I'm a Mac, you're a PC!!! 8-)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:16 pm 

Well, I ended up doing a factory reset on my phone thinking that there was a problem with the phone when connecting via Bluetooth. It has helped to a certain extent, but Pandora still does not connect 100% of the time. The problem comes when I've been listening to Pandora and when I stop somewhere and turn the vehicle off. When I get back into the car, there are times when Pandora starts right up and continues playing right where it left off with no problems. But there are times where the display says, "reading" and a short time later says, "disconnected". I am still having to go to the screen where it gives you a choice of Bluetooth or hard wire connection and I have to switch it to hard wire and then back to Bluetooth for it to reconnect.

I have removed and re-paired my phone to the unit multiple times and it still has problems connecting. After I did the factory reset, I tend to put more of the issue now on the 9990 rather than just a glitch with my phone...

My phone is on the compatibility list for the 9990...like a lot of users in this forum, I just expected that for the price I paid, it should connect without fail every time.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 am 

I have the 7190HD version 1.5 and I have the same problems using a htc incredible 2.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:25 pm 

Just got a new Samsung Galaxy S3, and it won't control Pandora on my KDC-X896. I can stream via bluetooth, and all the phone stuff works, but it never syncs up with Pandora.

Everything worked with my previous phone, a Samsung Aviator from US Cellular. It was running Android 2.3. The S3 is running 4.05, also from US Cellular.

I've emailed Samsung, Pandora, and Kenwood, but nobody has heard of this before. Pandora is actually working with me on it, though. They had me install a logging app so I could send them a log of what's going on. Haven't done that yet. I'll post if I get any results.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 pm 

Got it working! I did a factory reset on the Kenwood, and now it syncs up fine. Kind of slow doing it, but it gets there.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]