It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Kenwood KVT-512 Preouts won't work! HELP!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:17 pm 

Ok so I bought a used kenwood kvt-512 with no problems..Everything went good today when I was installing it except for my amp and subs.. I hooked up my rcas from the amp for my subs to the preouts labeled subwoofer/rear...I had no control over the subs they would just play at a low level and I couldn't turn them off or adjust them with subwoofer level They did however adjust with bass level..So I tried to switch the rcas to another preout and I found just one other one that worked. But here where the weird part comes in. I could only plug one channel either the white or red rca into one of the preouts channel because if I would put both in at once it would play make my subs blast an extremely loud tone that would shake my whole damn house But on this channel when I pressed subwoofer off it would actually go off and so on. Also on that preout there was so much interference when the engine would come on it would make the subs hum when the blinker went on it wouldnt ,pretty much anything you could hear through the subs and its not bad rcas because I already checked...Anybody have ANY ideas for me? Oh yea I'm also using a PAC c2r-chy4 harness to use my factory amp for the interiors but I dont think that has anything to do with my subwoofers?

Heres a video to better help explain ...

The first preout thats on is the one where only one channel can be connected..As you can see and hear when the other one was connected the subs went crazy and shook the whole car with a tone however with the one channel in the subwoofer on/off does work but with the engine started you could hear it and everything else through the subs lol the second preout I connected it too the subs were playing at about 40 percent and when I pressed subwoofer on and off it did nothing and the subwoofer level controls did nothing only bass level so I have a hunch that that second preout was the front preout.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]