It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kenwood 7160 red blinking triangle
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:25 pm 

Recently had a friend install kenwood 7160. Everything worked great but while I was trying to set up the sound it suddenly turned off and now does not want to start. Only a red blinking light on bottom left hand corner. Is it just a fuse or wiring problem?

Any help would be great!!
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Kenwood 7160 red blinking triangle
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:35 pm 

The red blinking light is the "anti-theft" warning that simply tells a crook it would be mean to steal the unit. (It doesn't secure anything). :lol:

But, that means your unit is getting the "keep-alive" power it needs when it's off. Have you checked the fuse for the main power supply? (Look for the "radio fuse" in your vehicle's fuse box. The owner's manual for the vehicle should tell you which one it is.)

- Jack

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:04 am 

It would be really mean, I agree Jack lol

I will look into the fuse but does that mean there's a wiring issue? Being that I just played with it for 15 min or so.

JackandJanet wrote:
The red blinking light is the "anti-theft" warning that simply tells a crook it would be mean to steal the unit. (It doesn't secure anything). :lol:

But, that means your unit is getting the "keep-alive" power it needs when it's off. Have you checked the fuse for the main power supply? (Look for the "radio fuse" in your vehicle's fuse box. The owner's manual for the vehicle should tell you which one it is.)

- Jack

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:42 pm 

I'd say if the fuse failed and continues to fail, then there's some kind of problem. Possibly the circuit is not fused for the power your new setup needs? But, it may be that this is an isolated incident. They DO happen. I had a trailer power fuse blow on a trip once. I replaced it with an identical fuse and have had no further problems. *shrug*

Of course if the fuse is fine, you're back where you started in this thread. And, the fault could be in the wiring OR the unit itself.

- Jack

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]